Lumecca IPL with InMode is a safe non-surgical treatment that uses the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) equipment to eliminate face discoloration and irregularities.
The Lumecca IPL System can treat face discoloration, vascular disease, uneven skin texture, and sunburn damage by targeting the affected area. Face discoloration can be an annoying problem, mainly in the summer when the sun is very strong.
But what is the best way to reduce serious face discoloration problems? Using a wide spectrum sunscreen, wearing a wide-brimmed hat, and regular skincare are some steps you can take to reduce face discoloration.
There are various medications traditionally used to treat face discoloration problems. These include chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser treatments, and Lumecca intense pulsed light (IPL) facials.
In this article, we will be discussing the following things:
- What is Lumecca IPL?
- How Lumecca IPL works
- What is the IPL treatment experience?
- What should I expect during and after Lumecca?
- What to avoid after Lumecca IPL therapy?
- On what parts of the body does IPL work best?
- How many sessions are required?
- Visible results from Lumecca IPL
- How effective is it?
- What can Lumecca IPL do for you?
What is Lumecca IPL?
Lumecca IPL is the most powerful Intense Pulsed Light treatment that can treat pigmentation, redness, pigmented lesions, and vascular lesions.
It is a device approved by Health Canada that provides unmatched results and significantly improves skin tone, getting rid of face discoloration, clarity, and overall glow with a single treatment.
How Lumecca IPL works
Lumecca IPL uses a non-ablative laser specially devised to find specific pigments on the skin (redness, face discoloration, darkening due to acne scars).
The difference between non-ablative lasers and ablative lasers is that they do not directly damage the skin. This process provides a light facial by providing comfortable, light therapy.
With this laser, we can:
- Improve rosacea and other facial redness
- Reduce sunburn and uneven skin
- Remove acne and lessen pores
- Repair broken blood vessels
- Stimulate the production of new collagen and improve skin texture
What is the IPL treatment experience?
During the treatment, you can wake up and rest comfortably. Apply the cooling gel as needed.
Receiving intense pulsed light therapy is a comparatively simple experience: the first step is to clean and prepare the area to be treated. A small hand-held magic wand that emits high-energy light pulses on the skin.
The treatment wand has a sapphire tip designed to provide cooling and easy access to delicate crevices, such as around the nose. The sapphire tip moves neatly along the skin and aims at the imperfections.
Patients report that this experience feels like a rubber band on the skin. The duration of treatment can vary from 30 minutes or more, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
What should I expect during and after Lumecca?
During the treatment, Lumecca will emit a bright flash, which is like a light elastic feeling. Skin redness and slight fever after treatment are normal.
It usually disappears within an hour. Over the next 24 to 48 hours, the pigment spots may darken. In the next week, the pigmented lesions will disappear, and the skin tone will lighten.
After treating vascular disease, the veins may turn to lighten and disappear, or the blood vessels may change color and dissipate after a few days.
What to avoid after Lumecca IPL therapy?
The following are the things to avoid after Lumecca therapy:
- Avoid taking aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, strenuous exercise, and activities that can cause redness within two days of treatment
- No hot shower for 48 hours
- Prevent direct sunlight on the area and use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen for 4-6 weeks after treatment
- Avoid irritating topical products like retinol and glycolic acid products for a week
- No swimming, particularly in pools that contain chemicals (such as chlorine)
- Do not pick up or remove loose or flaking skin
- Avoid activities that cause excessive sweating
- Do not perform electrolysis, wax, or use of depilatory products within 14 days after treatment
On what parts of the body does IPL work best?
Mainly patients need to treat their face with a Lumecca IPL light facial treatment. This treatment area is preferred because of its ability to undo sun damage to the face by minimizing the appearance of pores and restoring a more youthful appearance.
Other common treatment areas include neck, chest, shoulder, hair loss, face, arms, legs, armpits, back, and bikini areas.
The outstanding benefit of Lumecca is that it can be carefully applied to any part of the body.
- Completely restore skin tone and skin transparency
- Steroid Rosacea
- Post-inflammatory acne scars (PIH)
- Vascular diseases, such as spider veins
- Vascular pigmentation of the neck (heterochromia)
- Sunburn and spots spread all over the body
- Some skin types may need to follow a pre-treatment skincare regimen to minimize pigmentation risk and guarantee the best results
How many sessions are required?
After the first course of treatment, the appearance of the skin improved. The more sessions you have, the better the results.
Treatment plans depend on the seriousness of the skin damage, the type of skin, the type of treatment (blood vessel or sun damage), and the energy setting.
Visible results from Lumecca IPL
Approximately 2-4 weeks after surgery, there is a significant improvement in skin color and condition. Some experts usually recommend 3-5 IPL treatments at intervals of about three weeks for best results.
Depending on your skincare demands and lifestyle choices, additional IPL treatment may be suggested to maintain long-term results.
How effective is it?
The effectiveness of the IPL depends on many factors. For example, it works on white or tan skin more than black skin. Another thing is the type of equipment used by medical professionals during surgery.
The response to IPL varies from person to person, and most people need multiple treatments to notice the results.
What can Lumecca IPL do for you?
Lumecca IPL is ideal for removing red spots, brown spots, redness, small veins, and other visible skin spots on the face, upper chest, neck, and hands.
Lumecca IPL is a completely light-based, non-ablative surgery. It treats the skin tissue without removing or harming the skin cells.
It provides a comfortable treatment experience and the shortest recovery time. Get clearer and more beautiful skin in just ten days with just one course.