Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:shared with our processor dopweb.
Customer support information:
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, email address, and phone number
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
laureatela.com is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use dopweb to power our website. You can read more about how dopweb uses your Personal Information here: https://builder.dopweb.com/privacy-policy
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en .You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work .
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/ .
Using Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you, which may include: offering products and services for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
When you provide us with your Personal Information on laureatela.com, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
We are collecting Personal Data either:
- Directly, as you provide us such Personal Data;
- Indirectly, through your use of our Website and Services. This includes the use by us of cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties sources.
In order to improve your experience and provide our Services to you, we use monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies and clear GIFs) which are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit laureatela.com.
A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your computer that allows us to recognize you as a user when you return to the Website using the same computer and web browser. One type of cookie is called a “session” cookie. It is used to identify a particular visit to the Website. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can choose to disable cookies on your browser or allow your browser to notify you when a cookie is being sent, however, this may prevent you from utilizing certain features of the Website and Services. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.aboutcookie.org (note that this website is not provided by us, and we, therefore, cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness, or availability).
Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
We and certain Third Party Services may employ a software technology called “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which enables them and us to improve our Services by measuring their effectiveness and performance. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, however are not stored on your device, but instead embedded within our Services.
Certain Third Party Services and ad networks may display advertising on our Website, or manage our advertising on other websites. Such parties may use certain tracking technologies to collect certain information about your activities on the Services and different third-party Services to provide you with targeted advertising based on your interests and preferences. You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from certain advertisers and ad networks. Please note this does not opt you out of receiving all advertising and that your opt-out will only be in relation to the specific advertising. You will continue to receive advertising for which you have not opted out.
User Data Supplementation
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and Services that may be of interest to you. Where we obtain your Personal Data from these third parties, we ensure that such parties are contractually committed to inform you that your Personal Data will be disclosed to us and we take steps to ensure the accuracy of your Personal Data before using it. If you provide us with Personal Data about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Our websites currently do not alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority.